R.I.P. Jack Valenti
From his Washington Post obit:
"Of course, Valenti never just talked. In his many public utterances,
he orated and declaimed, grandly and voluminously, as if addressing the
Roman Senate about the urgency of conquering Gaul. Some
people found such verbiage pompous and smarmy, particularly since
Valenti, who wrote all his own speeches, was usually talking about
something relatively mundane, such as DVD piracy or runaway
movie-production costs. Such lofty language would have been ridiculous -- if it weren't such a pleasure to hear a man so out of step with ordinary speechifying."
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- Quote of the Day: Josh Hutcherson Describes His Sexuality
- The 10 Most Influential Gay Fashion Bloggers
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling