The Scissors Come Out
Just when you thought Bravo couldn't get any gayer...the cable station has begun an ad blitz for their newest reality competition - for aspiring hairstylists! Shear Genius' host will be Jaclyn Smith (can a walk-on by ex-Charlie's Angels costar Farrah Fawcett-Majors be far away? She does have a hairdo named after her, after all...)
All indications are that the format will hew closely to that of Project Runway, including gratuitous product placement and corporate branding. We'd tell you who the sponsors are...but let's just say it's not Aqua Net or Mane & Tail).
A typical contestant comment from the promotional video:
"The one thing that makes me unique is that I loooove everything about hair"
Meanwhile, we're getting worried for blog-sister Shana at Popnography, who is following the new season of Work Out like, waaay too closely!
Hair I Am!
Photo: Getty Images
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Jack Antonoff: Rocker, Ally, Militant Fashionisto, Lena’s Arm Candy
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World