What's your sign? Photo: Getty Images.
What kind of zombie waits until you've fallen fast asleep in front of the TV, then roars back to life in a slick new advertisement, hoping to be recognized as your old friend? Forgotten brands, of course! The Ford Taurus is making a comeback. So is Tab. Radar has launched three times. And everyone knows about PBR. Last week, Slate's Daniel Gross postulated that
"Reviving a dormant brand is also a perfectly postmodern gesture and
befits a culture in which innovation frequently consists of retooling
models that have worked in the past."
Now Gross is getting all interactive, adding reader suggestions to his list, which now includes Polaroid, the Commodore computer, and the McRib Sandwich.
To which we would add the Weinstein brothers' purchase of Halston last week.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series