What's your sign? Photo: Getty Images.
What kind of zombie waits until you've fallen fast asleep in front of the TV, then roars back to life in a slick new advertisement, hoping to be recognized as your old friend? Forgotten brands, of course! The Ford Taurus is making a comeback. So is Tab. Radar has launched three times. And everyone knows about PBR. Last week, Slate's Daniel Gross postulated that
"Reviving a dormant brand is also a perfectly postmodern gesture and
befits a culture in which innovation frequently consists of retooling
models that have worked in the past."
Now Gross is getting all interactive, adding reader suggestions to his list, which now includes Polaroid, the Commodore computer, and the McRib Sandwich.
To which we would add the Weinstein brothers' purchase of Halston last week.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Watch the Latest Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of 'The Normal Heart'
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Wallflowers: A Web Series For Singles
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It