If you've ever welcomed a friend back from a trip to Hong Kong or Southeast Asia, you may have heard tales of ridiculously inexpensive hand-tailored suits, made for the customer right on the spot. Maybe you even got treated to an impromptu fashion show.
A new rumor in the Out offices has it that J.C. Penney will soon begin offering custom-tailored men's suits for the outrageously affordable price of about $500.
Until then, Dethroner has a lively discussion going on where to get your measurements taken. For more on the difference between off-the-rack, made-to-measure, and bespoke, English Cut offers this explainer. Heading to Hong Kong? Ehow has a dos and don'ts of getting your suit made in the Pearl of the Orient.
Photo: Getty Images
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans