Shopping Excursion: Kabul
Finally, a style story with an element of danger!
The Taliban fashion-police are making a troubling comeback in Afghanistan, but they're still far from retaking the whole country. For those females who don't live in the burqa zone, ex-California designer Sarah Takesh runs a Kabul boutique showcasing western adaptations of tradtional Central Asian garments. With banditry and bribery rampant, making commercial rent payments is the least of her concerns. The public radio show Marketplace has the full story.
Photo: Getty Images
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The 10 Most Influential Gay Fashion Bloggers
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Watch the New Trailer for Orange Is the New Black Season 2