Bad Girls Need Christmas, Too
By Tray Butler
If nostalgia warms a room (in a delusional sense), is it any wonder that the chilly winter holidays rely on the same ancient Yuletide carols year after year? The familiarity of the songs ramp up their comfort-and-joy factor.
Many of this season’s holiday releases cheekily rock around the Christmas tree in a “new” old-fashioned way, skipping the standards in favor of originals engineered to emulate the mid-’60s girl-group sound. With Darlene Love as the year’s spirit animal, the best of the new albums belt forlorn romance to the rafters. Who needs nostalgia to heat up a room when Santa brings you Mr. Right?
From Kelly Clarkson and Leona Lewis to Mary J. Blige and Barbra Streisand, here's six of this year's albums to help you spread the Christmas cheer.
>>>>CLICK THROUGH TO LISTEN
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The Double Life of Gillian Anderson
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete