LISTEN: Lorde Covers Tears For Fears Classic, "Everybody Wants To Rule The World"
By Stacy Lambe
Lorde takes on the 1985 Tears For Fears classic, "Everybody Wants To Rule The World," on the soundtrack for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. The 17-year-old singer transforms the song into an anthem written for the dystopia that is District 13.
Lorde has quickly become the breakout artist of the year. The New Zealand singer rocketed to the top of the charts with "Royals," the best kiss-off to celebs' lavish lifestyles. She joins Christina Aguilera, Coldplay and Sia on the upcoming soundtrack that is noticeably different from the series' first release. The music has a more urgent, universal appeal that counters the first soundtrack's focus on Katniss' home in District 12. Check out a preview of the album below:
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire soundtrack hits stores November 19. The film debuts in theaters November 22.
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne