Put Lady Gaga's ‘Venus’ In Your Ear
By Alex Panisch
In the midst of subpar proffers from the usual diva suspects (Perry’s Prism is a disappointment and Britney’s been on autopilot) it seems that Gaga’s ARTPOP might win Pop Album of the Season by default. Sure “Applause” is no “Bad Romance” or “Telephone” but hey, it ain’t bad. While we’ll have to wait to November 11 to listen to ARTPOP and pass final judgment, what is apparent at the time of writing is that Gaga’s promotional antics are still up to her own meat-covered, tattooed, ovate standards. And let's be real, that's like the USDA, Good House Keeping seal of attention-grabbing shock value.
When releasing “Do What U Want” (feat. R Kelly), Gaga appeared to have a mental breakdown, going on a twitter rant aimed squarely at herself. To promote the latest cut off ARTPOP, Gaga performed at London’s gay mega-club G-A-Y and stripped down to the buff. The unannounced show made headlines and tweets the world over.
But the question still remains, is “Venus” the stellar hit that’ll rocket to the top of the charts or is it just another piece of space junk? Listen for yourself.
ARTPOP comes out November 11.
- Decorate Your Christmas Tree With Shirtless Mermen Ornaments
- WATCH: Oscar Isaac Performs Folk Version of Katy Perry's 'Roar'
- India Reinstates Gay Sex Ban
- WATCH: Carmen Carrera & Her Victoria's Secret Dream
- A Pope is Person of the Year: Edie Windsor is No. 3
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?