Jonas Brothers: All Grown Up
By Sam Lansky
On those gay rumors
Joe: We have a lot of gay friends and gay fans. It’s a boy band stereotype; people assume, but we don’t take offense.
Nick: Prior to us being a band, I was a super theater geek. I loved theater and I still do, and I care about fashion, and I care about a lot of things that I feel like stereotypes are attached to.
Joe: [Being in Out] is a moment for us for sure. We keep saying, “Well, it’s about time.”
On leaving their label, Hollywood Records
Nick: I think we realized that, creatively, we were in very different places.
Joe: We were in that place where we were starting to think about being able to make our grown-up record. We didn’t want to talk about if they would put a parental advisory label on it.
On heeding Demi Lovato’s [who dated Joe Jonas] call for a moratorium on twerking
Joe: I’m great [with twerking]. I’m with it.
Nick: I’m against it. I’ve just reached my limit. It’s just done. It’s too much.
Joe: Bring it on. I’m a fan. I just think it’s appropriate for the right people. Not everyone can twerk.
Nick: Anybody that’s on Diplo’s page — have you seen his Instagram? It’s impressive.
Kevin: I’m straight down the middle. The right amount at the right time.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans