LISTEN: Chvrches Covers 'It’s Not Right, But It’s Okay'
By Out.com Editors
Chvches, the Scottish electro-pop trio who’s name is the arch-enemy of auto-correct have covered Whitney’s “It’s Not Right, But It’s Okay” and it is brilliant. The band showed up to Zane Lowe’s BBC Radio 1 show and performed two tracks off of their new LP, The Bones of What You Believe , and then capped off the performance with their cover of Whitney’s 1999 hit.
Their blessed-out version doesn’t have the same woman-scorned intensity as the original, but instead opts for a body-high inducing synths and more subdued vocals. The result is a smashing reimaging of a modern day, pop classic. Check out the track below as well as the videos for “Gun” and “Mother We Share” below:
The band's breakout song, “The Mother We Share,” boasts a title that’s...um, suspiciously close to that of a popular Knife song. “It was totally accidental,” insists member Iain Cook when we spoke to him. “We realized later on we’d kind of stolen the title.”
WATCH "The Mother We Share" below:
WATCH the video for "Gun" below:
READER COMMENTS (
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula