11 Fave Elton John Moments
By Samantha Henderson
9. Superbowl Pepsi commercial
So, he would never perform at the Superbowl itself, but he was down to star in a lavish medieval court-style "commercial" aka music video for X-Factor USA winner Melanie Amaro. He may be playing a tyrant who won't share the Pepsi, but those platforms kind of make up for any character flaws.
8. Eminem makes "Good" with the Gays
Eminem hasn't aways done a good job respecting the LGBTQ community, but he tried to clean up his public image by performing with Elton at the Grammys in 2006. Whether Eminem as a pro-gay or even tolerant public figure is still dubious, but the performance was undoubtedly notable for both artists and the discourse between the rap and hip-hop community and LGBTQ issues.
7. RuPaul and Elton sing "Don't Go Breaking My Heart"
The fact that this video exists may also be a sign that God also does exist. Gay-ified "American Gothic?" Channeling Marie Antoinette? Yes please. We're also trying to buy those candy hearts, wherever they are in '90s ether.
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'