Gender Bender Jef Barbara Provides Your Daily Dose of Avant-Garde
By Samantha Henderson
Making "his anticipated return from the future," Montreal's Jef Barbara has released a new EP for "I Know I'm Late." Late from the future? OK, Jef.
Obviously we're not supposed to expect anything typical from the singer, whose debut album, Contamination, was released in 2011 and was "dedicated to dance darkness." The phantasmagoria will only continue as he moves from working exclusively with his French label, Tricatel, to Club Roll Music.
"I Know I'm Late" is just the precursor to the full-length album, Soft to the Touch, which will be released October 1. As of now, only European tour dates have been announced, but North American dates for late autumn are promised.
For the time being, the music video for "I Know I'm Late" is up. It's a colorful, fairly confusing, and naturally entertaining mishmash of a children's classroom and Barbara demonstrating dance moves for the lazy and/or tired (Those pointing moves look perfect for when you just can't muster the energy for twerking.).
We've also got access to a new double A-side single, featuring two songs: "About Singers" and "Chords."
Check out the video below:
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Gay Fashion - Hot Male Models, Gay Style & Trends
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection