Xtina's New Video for 'Let There Be Love' Is Pretty Gay
By Samantha Henderson
We haven't heard a lot of music from Christina Aguilera in a while—other than "Your Body"—but we're always up for checking out her latest endeavor. This time around, it's her new and clearly pro-gay song and video, "Let There Be Love." The album it's on, Lotus, was released last year, so we can't say that she's simply trying to be the lady Macklemore.
The video's no fancy Gaga-esque art project, instead, it's a feel-good montage of Xtina's friends, posse, son in a fedora, some other kids, lots of gays hugging each other (One cute pink-clad couple takes the cake), dancers, and Nicole Richie for good measure. On top of that, there are lots of signs, reading: "Respect," "Don't Judge," "Equality," "Amo a mi hijo gay," etc.
Truth be told, the "L" hand gesture gets a little confusing, but we get what she's trying to do. So yeah, it's kind of like a home movie, but it's a positive, loving home movie. Can't argue with that.
Watch the video below and see what you think. Maybe you're more of a "Same Love" person, and that's OK, too.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- The 10 Most Influential Gay Fashion Bloggers