EXCLUSIVE: Watch Remix of Nina Simone's 'Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood'
By Out.com Editors
For Verve Remixed: The First Ladies, some of the biggest names in electronic dance music—including Bassnectar, Zeds Dead and Kaskade—were asked to mix classic songs by great ladies of music, such as Billie Holliday and Ella Fitzgerald.
While the album was released in July, we're still loving the remixes and now we have the opportunity to show this video that was just released. The track is Zeds Dead's take Nina Simone's "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood," and we asked what the video's moody male imagery was all about and was told: " "Conceptually, it's about the idea of misinterpretation and misunderstanding. The many faces we all wear. The many personas that lie within." Gotcha. Watch the video below:
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series