Bret Easton Ellis Narrates New Placebo Video
By Samantha Henderson
Everybody's favorite literary satirist shows up in an unusual spot today, as the narrator of Placebo's new video for "Too Many Friends" from their upcoming album (Out September 17th), Loud Like Love.We're used to him as the novelist behind "American Psycho," the screenwriter of The Canyons, and for his social commentary, like the piece he wrote for us in May about "gay magical elves."
The video/mini mystery is entitled "Unfortunate Details" and Ellis breaks down a quick progression of events that appears to be a simple case of a woman fending off an unwanted advance. Apparently, it may not be as simple as that, though as Ellis reexaimes the play-by-play, pinpointing specific, seemingly minor details.
But it all remains unsolved and up to interpretation. Watch the video below, possibly a few times, and see if you can figure out what happened.
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Panti Bliss: The Drag Queen Who Rocked Ireland Soaks In the Aftermath
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models