Hang 10 (or 12)
By Out.com Editors
From the indelible riff of 1963’s “Wipe Out” to Tarantino’s use of “Misirlou” in Pulp Fiction, surf rock has a long, wet pop cultural history. Even recent acts like Girls and Vampire Weekend have ridden the wave, proving that nothing says summer like a breakneck tempo, lush harmonies, and a lot of reverb-y electric guitar.
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Culture Wars: Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists?
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto