John Varvatos Celebrates 5 Years on The Bowery
By Julien Sauvalle
Pictured (from left): Gary Clark Jr.; John Varvatos introducing the bands; Vintage Trouble.
Rock 'n' roll stars gathered at the John Varvatos Bowery boutique on Wednesday night to celebrate its five year anniversary. The store opened its doors in April 2008 at 315 Bowery, in New York City, the former address of legendary underground punk-rock club CBGB.
John Varvatos himself welcomed rising blues musician Gary Clark Jr. and the soul-rock band Vintage Trouble (all dressed in impeccable John Varvatos suits) to pay tribute to the heritage of the site. Since 2008, the store has hosted live performances by the likes of Guns N'Roses, The Roots and Paul Weller.
Renée Zellweger was in the audience supporting fellow Texan Gary Clark Jr., who recently released his acclaimed solo debut "Blak And Blu" and posed for the brand's Spring/Summer campaign next to Led Zepplin's Jimmy Page.
Watch a video of the campaign here:
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Gay Pop Culture, Entertainment, Icons Popnography