Need to Know: The Maccabees
By Jerry Portwood
The guys in The Maccabees are cute, but don't think that means they don't have some serious talent. The band released its fourth studio album, Into the Wild, this spring—which includes impressive album artwork by Andy Goldsworthy—as well as a heady mix of eclectic pop references, psychedelia, and soulful guitar. It's music that is both hummable and may make you want to dance. We spoke to frontman Orlando Weeks and drummer Sam Doyle in our studio recently for this Face to Face interview. We learned that there's nothing Jewish about the band's name (it was just randomly selected from someone's Bible), and a few of their influences when writing songs.
Look out for the boys to open for Florence and the Machine this fall as well as headling a few more North American dates. Check out the site for more details and tour dates. Plus, you can download the song "Go" from the album here.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film