Need to Know: The Maccabees
By Jerry Portwood
The guys in The Maccabees are cute, but don't think that means they don't have some serious talent. The band released its fourth studio album, Into the Wild, this spring—which includes impressive album artwork by Andy Goldsworthy—as well as a heady mix of eclectic pop references, psychedelia, and soulful guitar. It's music that is both hummable and may make you want to dance. We spoke to frontman Orlando Weeks and drummer Sam Doyle in our studio recently for this Face to Face interview. We learned that there's nothing Jewish about the band's name (it was just randomly selected from someone's Bible), and a few of their influences when writing songs.
Look out for the boys to open for Florence and the Machine this fall as well as headling a few more North American dates. Check out the site for more details and tour dates. Plus, you can download the song "Go" from the album here.
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- Sam Champion Receives Emotional Good Morning America Send-Off
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film