WATCH: Queen Latifah Performs at Gay Pride
By Diego James
According to the website Eurweb, the entertainer referred to the crowd as "her people." During her short set, Latifah asked the audience, "Are you feeling all the unity?"
As The Advocate reports, "The announcement that Grammy Award-winner would headline the beach city's 29th annual LGBT festival was a surprise to many." Pat Crosby, co-president of Long Beach Pride, released a statement, saying, "From hip to R&B, pop to standards, Queen Latifah is the voice of our generation, and her concert here will be phenomenal, for her to make her worldwide Pride debut here in Long Beach is a tremendous testament to the popularity of our celebration and to the strength of our community.”
"I've been waiting to do this for a long time," Queen Latifah revealed to the welcoming crowd.
Next up, Latifah will be starring in the Lifetime TV remake of the popular classic beloved by many gay men, Steel Magnolias, which will be produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.
Website NoMoreDownlowTV posted video of the performance. Watch it below.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Rockin' OUT in L.A.
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series