WATCH: Queen Latifah Performs at Gay Pride
By Diego James
According to the website Eurweb, the entertainer referred to the crowd as "her people." During her short set, Latifah asked the audience, "Are you feeling all the unity?"
As The Advocate reports, "The announcement that Grammy Award-winner would headline the beach city's 29th annual LGBT festival was a surprise to many." Pat Crosby, co-president of Long Beach Pride, released a statement, saying, "From hip to R&B, pop to standards, Queen Latifah is the voice of our generation, and her concert here will be phenomenal, for her to make her worldwide Pride debut here in Long Beach is a tremendous testament to the popularity of our celebration and to the strength of our community.”
"I've been waiting to do this for a long time," Queen Latifah revealed to the welcoming crowd.
Next up, Latifah will be starring in the Lifetime TV remake of the popular classic beloved by many gay men, Steel Magnolias, which will be produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.
Website NoMoreDownlowTV posted video of the performance. Watch it below.
- Guy-on-Guy Action
- Decorate Your Christmas Tree With Shirtless Mermen Ornaments
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome
- Nashville's Chris Carmack on Playing Gay Country Singer Will Lexington
- The SAG Awards' Queer Quotient
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?