WATCH: Florence + the Machine's 'Breath of Life' Video
By Diego James
We almost forgot about the movie soundtrack video thing. But watching the Florence + the Machine video for "Breath of Life"—which is a hook-filled promo for the upcoming Snow White and the Huntsman movie starring Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth—we were brought back to the days of Bryan Adams' "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You" from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. The bucolic, wooded setting, the men in armor, and earnest way everyone keens for love and loss and... wel you get the idea. Except we think Hemsworth is far sexier than Kevin Costner (but everyone was gaga for Costner back in those days), and Bryan Adams ended up in the forest for his ballad, whereas Florence has stayed in the studio and is kept in black-and-white so you don't think she's mixing it up with the crazy special effects.
If anything, you'll love the new movie footage included in the music video, and you'll love the great, big gorgeous chords and soaring vocals from Florence Welch.
Check it out below and let us know what you think.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Gay Fashion - Hot Male Models, Gay Style & Trends