SOUNDCHECK: Early Morning Rebel
By Out.com Editors
You might remember Early Morning Rebel's first track, "Life Boat" after it appeared on an episode of Grey's Anatomy. Now the band, which originally was a duo that consisted of high school best friends Nathan Blumenfeld-James and Dustin Bath, has expanded to five members and a full-length album is expected soon.
Blumenfeld-James, Bath, and drummer Josh Mervin recently stopped by our studio to discuss their influences and projects. They also performed unplugged version of "Life Boat" and "Burn Us Down."
The group has become something of a houseband for the fashion set and, as Blumenfeld-James explained: "We see a real obvious connection between fashion and music. Obviously we love fashion...and we work really closely with the aesthetic stuff."
What about their creative process? "Nate will usually start out with an acoustic guitar and start writing lyrics, once he feels comfortable bringing it to us and we work on it in the studio," Bath said.
The group is also involved with DAA, Designers Against AIDS, and as Blumenfeld-James noted: "Any opportunity we have to do something positive for the world, we try to do it."
Watch the interview and the performances below. For more information visit the band's website.
Face to Face: Out speaks with Nathan Blumenfeld-James, Dustin Bath, and Josh Mervin.
SOUNDCHECK: Listen to "Life Boat"
SOUNDCHECK: Listen to "Burn Us Down"
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula