Madonna Releases Video for 'Give Me All Your Luvin''
By Max Berlinger
OK, so I know I'm not the most ardent of Madonna fans, and sometimes fear that her best work may be behind her, but today's release of the video for her latest single "Give Me All Your Lovin'" gave me some hope that the old gal still has some life in her yet. When I first heard the single, I wasn't thrilled, per se, but I was glad it had some energy and an undeniably catchy tune, if not a bit of a throwback to Toni Basil's "Hey, Mickey". The video, too, harkens back to the singer's glory days and reminded me that she can turn on the playful charisma when she wants to. As a play on her much anticipated Super Bowl show, the video features Nicki Minaj and M.I.A as cheerleaders and a chorus of football players supporting our beloved Madge, who's wearing lots of leather corsetry, and chunky cross necklaces—style choices directly lifted from her very own canon. I mean, at this point, everyone else has in some way appropriated parts of her persona, so I ain't mad if she dips in to her own history for some inspiration. But why am I blathering on? You probably aren't reading this, you're probably just watching the video already, as you should. Carry on.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto