Selena Gomez Premieres New Video
By Matthew Rand
The Disney girls. We've loved 'em all, from Britney Spears to Christina Aguilera, Miley Cyrus to Annette Funicello. Feel free to go and add Selena Gomez to that list.
Oh adorable, little Selena! As of today, she's one of the only said Disney girls to not go completely insane/sexified upon her release from the Mouse's shackles. With the release of her new video, Gomez has only further upped the ante in her quest for grown-up stardom.
Destined to be a smash, "Hit the Lights" (third single from her album When the Sun Goes Down), is just what the pop tart needs to succeed: a joyous mix of club banging beats and sun-shiny, feel-good lyricism that invites a more mature audience without completely negating her rabid, pre-existing tween fan base. The clip is a blast; Selena and friends frolicking through a season-appropriate cornfield that they then, with the help of some time-traveling flashlights (just go with it), magically transform into a nightclub. Of course.
Pink balloons and pumpkins and hairflips, oh my!
Check it out below, and—as always—don't forget to let us know what you think in the comments section.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Watch the New Trailer for Orange Is the New Black Season 2
- 10 Queer Producers Making Waves In Hollywood