What's the Gayest Oz of All?
By Out.com Editors
TIN MAN (2007)
This miniseries shifts the Oz story to the present day, where the Tin Man (Neal McDonough) is a badged law enforcement agent and Zooey Deschanel’s DG is a descendant of Dorothy.
Does It Succeed?
While Deschanel and scarecrow Alan Cumming do their best, the attempts to make the story steampunk-chic are a bit much. Oz being called the O.Z. (“Outer Zone”)? That’s just douchey.
But How Gay Is It?
Slightly. It sort of has a midnight movie vibe, and the detail that DG and the sorceress are sisters pushes it toward What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? territory.
- Decorate Your Christmas Tree With Shirtless Mermen Ornaments
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Erasure's Andy Bell On the Magic & Melancholy of Christmas
- Zachary Quinto Models For Mr Porter
- Six By Sondheim: James Lapine Directs HBO Doc
- WATCH: Oscar Isaac Performs Folk Version of Katy Perry's 'Roar'