What's the Gayest Oz of All?
By Out.com Editors
TIN MAN (2007)
This miniseries shifts the Oz story to the present day, where the Tin Man (Neal McDonough) is a badged law enforcement agent and Zooey Deschanel’s DG is a descendant of Dorothy.
Does It Succeed?
While Deschanel and scarecrow Alan Cumming do their best, the attempts to make the story steampunk-chic are a bit much. Oz being called the O.Z. (“Outer Zone”)? That’s just douchey.
But How Gay Is It?
Slightly. It sort of has a midnight movie vibe, and the detail that DG and the sorceress are sisters pushes it toward What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? territory.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Watch the Latest Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of 'The Normal Heart'
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- Wallflowers: A Web Series For Singles