What's the Gayest Oz of All?
By Out.com Editors
TIN MAN (2007)
This miniseries shifts the Oz story to the present day, where the Tin Man (Neal McDonough) is a badged law enforcement agent and Zooey Deschanel’s DG is a descendant of Dorothy.
Does It Succeed?
While Deschanel and scarecrow Alan Cumming do their best, the attempts to make the story steampunk-chic are a bit much. Oz being called the O.Z. (“Outer Zone”)? That’s just douchey.
But How Gay Is It?
Slightly. It sort of has a midnight movie vibe, and the detail that DG and the sorceress are sisters pushes it toward What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? territory.
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne