What's the Gayest Oz of All?
By Out.com Editors
TIN MAN (2007)
This miniseries shifts the Oz story to the present day, where the Tin Man (Neal McDonough) is a badged law enforcement agent and Zooey Deschanel’s DG is a descendant of Dorothy.
Does It Succeed?
While Deschanel and scarecrow Alan Cumming do their best, the attempts to make the story steampunk-chic are a bit much. Oz being called the O.Z. (“Outer Zone”)? That’s just douchey.
But How Gay Is It?
Slightly. It sort of has a midnight movie vibe, and the detail that DG and the sorceress are sisters pushes it toward What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? territory.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series