X-Men Film Series Update: Bryan Singer; Hugh Jackman and 'The Wolverine'
By Andrew Villagomez
In a Q&A with Marvel, Jackman and Mangold share plot of the film. Fans will get to see Wolverine's famed berserker rage (a state of pure strength, power, and obviously rage), and muscle lovers and heads can rejoice over Jackman's desire to get even more ripped, though “It’s not about looking buff,” he said. “I wanted to see veins. I wanted to be animalistic. I wanted to look not pretty— frightening.”
But probably the juiciest piece of news is that this film is not following 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but instead 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand.
“It finds Logan at a point when the X-Men are gone, Jean Gray is gone, a lot of the ties he had to the world are gone,” Mangold said. The film will explore Wolverine more in-depth in character, and also his vulnerability, "In this movie ... let’s just say he discovers his kryptonite," teases Jackman. The film will be based on the comic book arc of a samurai story in Japan where the enemy is a mystery said Mangold. Find out more in video below, including Jackman's secert to how he grows his beard, choice of superhero power, and more on fitness development.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet