Taylor Kitsch Doesn't Like Rapidly Losing Weight
By Mike Berlin
While we're busy watching (and re-watching) trailers for Disney's money-pit epic, John Carter, perhaps it's time to reflect on how much we appreciate the film's star, Taylor Kitsch, not just for his penchant for leather harnesses, but also for his enthusiasm about keeping on weight.
In an article in Men's Health U.K. (via the Daily Mail), the 30-year-old actor described the pains it took for him to lose 35 lbs. within the span of two months for his appearance as a war photojournalist in the 2010 film The Bang Bang Club. "That was fucking stupid" he told the magazine, "and there's not a lot of actors who will do that. It's just way too extreme, and being a nutritionist, I found it hard. Everything I knew just went out the window."
The transformation not only took on a physical toll, but a mental one.
"The way I worked, it changed my walk, my confidence, everything," Kitsch said. "I was very bipolar. My mood swings were fucking insane. I was very emotional, I had night terrors, I couldn't sleep. It was a zoo."
Jeez, Taylor, why didn't you let us know? We would've been there for you in a heartbeat, warming you a glass of milk, feeding you cookies, reading you bedtime stories, drawing you a bath... Wait, where were we?
Oh yes, to see what a difference 35 lbs. can make, check out trailers for both films below.
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- The Battle of amfAR: How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS
- Quote of the Day: Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad