Cameron Crowe and Jónsi Share First Song from 'We Bought a Zoo' Soundtrack
By Adam Rathe
Matt Damon and Scarlett Johansson might be the most recognizable stars in Cameron Crowe’s upcoming film, We Bought a Zoo, out Dec. 23, but music aficionados will be more impressed with the stars on the movie’s soundtrack. Specifically the contributions of Jon Thor Birgisson, aka Jónsi, the frontman for delightfully weird Icelandic rockers Sigur Rós.
Openly gay Birgisson wrote the film’s entire soundtrack at the request of Sigur Rós fanboy Crowe, who was famously a reporter for Rolling Stone before he became a big, important movie director.
The first song off the soundtrack, “Gathering Stories,” is a collaboration between Crowe and Birgisson, and lucky for us it is streaming today over at NPR after premiering on All Songs Considered.
Take a listen—and check out Crowe's liner notes—here and decide whether you’re excited for the movie or just to hear more of what Jónsi created for it.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Panti Bliss: The Drag Queen Who Rocked Ireland Soaks In the Aftermath