Trailer Trash: 'The Lucky One'
By Jon Roth
Following in the footsteps of Shane West, Ryan Gosling and Channing Tatum, Zac Efron is the latest in a long line of beefcakes swaggering around and rescuing women in need of saving. We don't know what it is about these Sparks novels, but they usually cast a spell on teen girls and middle-aged women the world over. The Out staff? Not so much. Watch the featurette for The Lucky One, read our reactions, and let us know what you think.
"This is creepy. Zac is pretty much stalking this chick. I love Blythe Danner, but even her presence isn't enough for me to see this. I'm deep in a rom-com phase right now, and there just isn't enough com in this for me."
– Max Berlinger, Associate Editor
"I wonder how this one will end..."
– Raef Harrison, Web Editor
"I'm not buying what Taylor is "Schilling," but I love Blythe Danner, and Zefron doesn't look too shabby, either (notice the obligatory abs shot!). I might see this (because I love trashy romantic dramas) with either a girlfriend, a plastic water bottle filled with wine, or (probably) both."
– Mike Berlin, Copy Editor
"Zac Efron finds a picture and falls in love with a woman who looks at the very infinitesimal least ten years too old for him. And then somebody throws a plant. On the positive side, there's clearly a Zacquisha shirtless scene! So there's that!"
– Matthew Rand, Digital Intern
"This looks like some sort of leftovers TV movie that is basically a collection of longing glances and music montages. Also, what's with bursting our bubble every 10 seconds with author talk? Teenagers and Ephronaholics don't care what ruddy old Nicholas Sparks has to say!"
– Adam Rathe, Senior Editor
"This movie looks depressing to me for a few reasons, none of them having to do with the war.
- Beyoncé Liberated
- EXCLUSIVE: Matt Bomer Explains How The Normal Heart Changed His Life
- My 10 Most Shocking Memories of Michael Alig
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'
- LISTEN: Britney Spears and Sia Do Acoustic "Passenger"
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film