Tom Bianchi: Fire Island Pines
By Out.com Editors
Photos courtesy D.A.P.
“After knocking on too many more locked doors, I put the photos away in a box. The Pines was ground zero as AIDS exploded about that time. That was 40 years ago. A horrific amount of the life recorded in my pictures was consumed in the chaos of the crisis within a few years. I could not have imagined then that my Polaroids would so suddenly become a record of a lost world—my box of pictures a mausoleum, too painful to visit. When I reopened the box decades later, I found friends and lovers playing and smiling. Alive again.” —Tom Bianchi
- Guy-on-Guy Action
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome
- Decorate Your Christmas Tree With Shirtless Mermen Ornaments
- Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- The SAG Awards' Queer Quotient