Inside Copenhagen's ARKEN Museum
By Andrew Belonsky
(Image by Wolfgang Tillmans)
We've already explored the titillating public art that peppers Copenhagen, so now it's time to delve into one of the city's many museums, the ARKEN Museum of Modern Kunst. That's Danish for art.
The museum's revolving exhibitions always arouse reaction — the current celebration of the spectacular German artist Anselm Reyle is sure to bemuse— but its permanent collection's no less astounding. From the confounding to the confrontational, the intimate to the outlandish, these images, the photographers, painters, sculptors and risk-takers whose work lives within ARKEN's walls is some of the world's best.
Here, a look at some of ARKEN's works by the iconoclastic Andres Serrano, contemplative Olafur Eliasson and voyeuristic Wolfgang Tillmans (whose Adam, Vest & Cat is pictured above), and more.
- Tegan And Sara Call Miley Cyrus 'This Generation's Madonna'
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad