Kobi Israel's Homoerotic Photography
By Out.com Editors
What’s the relationship between Cuba and Israel in your work?
Although for me Cuba is a foreign land and society, I discovered many parallel experiences to my youth and adolescence in Israel, many similarities between the societies and their inherited macho/homoerotic conflicts and paradoxes.
Traveling in remote villages and small towns in Cuba, socializing with the locals (a bottle of rum will do), dining at their tables, I found myself having an extremely passionate experience of falling in love with a local Cuban cowboy. This secret, forbidden affair that lasted for several weeks evoked deep emotions and feelings that led to this work.
- WATCH: Billy Eichner and Amy Poehler Sing Carols With Strangers on the Street
- Guy-on-Guy Action
- Meet the Queens of 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 6
- Gay Icons: Kremlin to Receive Elton John, George Michael, Tom Daley Nesting Dolls
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellan