Kobi Israel's Homoerotic Photography
By Out.com Editors
What’s the relationship between Cuba and Israel in your work?
Although for me Cuba is a foreign land and society, I discovered many parallel experiences to my youth and adolescence in Israel, many similarities between the societies and their inherited macho/homoerotic conflicts and paradoxes.
Traveling in remote villages and small towns in Cuba, socializing with the locals (a bottle of rum will do), dining at their tables, I found myself having an extremely passionate experience of falling in love with a local Cuban cowboy. This secret, forbidden affair that lasted for several weeks evoked deep emotions and feelings that led to this work.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Gay Fashion Blog - What Truman Says Goes
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Panti Bliss: The Drag Queen Who Rocked Ireland Soaks In the Aftermath