McQueen of Hearts
By Out.com Editors
Photos: Copyright © 2012 Anne Deniau From Love Looks Not With the Eyes by Anne Deniau, published by Abrams
In 1997, Anne Deniau first encountered Alexander McQueen as he prepared for his debut couture collection for Givenchy, where she worked as a photographer. She grew close with the designer and was granted unprecedented access to him through his career. McQueen, who committed suicide in 2010, was tortured; and his creations were marks of the dark battles that raged within him. In her book, Deniau offers a compassionate glimpse at the artist backstage as he transformed his elegiac visions into objects that captivated the world’s attention.
Love Looks Not With the Eyes ($75, Abrams Books) is out now.
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection