A Fine Line
By Greg Garry
Jane Forth and Lopez in his Carnegie Hall studio, 1968
For three decades, Lopez was at the top of his game, perfectly embodying the youthful demimonde of each era, from the bold op-art graphics of the 1960s to the disco-driven decadence of the ’70s and the over-the-top pomp of the ’80s. Had he not passed away from AIDS-related complications in 1987, there’s no telling where he would have taken his vision.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film