Devil Wears Prada: The Sequel?
By Diego James
Before you get your hopes up, we're talking about a sequel to the BOOK at the moment, not the movie starring Meryl Streep as the amazingly nasty Miranda Priestly. According to EW, author Lauren Weisberger is working on Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns, a sequel to her debut novel The Devil Wears Prada. As they note, Simon & Schuster will be publishing the follow-up in April 2013 — 10 years after the release of the original.
As EW points out:
"Revenge Wears Prada picks up eight years after Andy parted ways with Miranda on bad terms. Andy is now editing The Plunge, the hottest bridal magazine around, alongside Emily, her one-time Runway nemesis turned current BFF. While Andy is planning her own wedding to Max, a handsome media scion, she remains haunted by her impeccably heeled former boss — and the magazine world being as small as it is, it’s only a matter of time before she hears the dreaded syllables 'Ahn-dre-ah!' again."
Since the first was loosely based on Weisberger's own experiences working at Vogue, we're unsure if she can pull off a suitable sequel since this sounds like it's just her own imaginings. And her other three novels since then weren't all that much fun. But we hope it's enough to inspire someone to adapt it into another amazing, much-watch (and re-watch) movie. Yes, we want more Streep time, we admit it.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend