Will Green Lantern Be the New Gay DC Character?
By Jerry Portwood
Ever since news leaked that DC was planning on outing a character so they could join the gay comic brigade, there has been heated speculation on blogs. One friend told us he thought it would be Shazam—which would have been fun. But now Bleeding Cool blogger Rich Johnson seems to have reliable intel that the character will be none other than Green Lantern Alan Scott (not to be confused with Hal Jordan, who was recently featured in the Green Lantern movie).
As Johnson states: "In the DC New 52 books, Alan Scott was reintroduced this month in Earth Two #1, as a young man, and head of GBC Productions. If my assumptions are correct, we will learn of Alan Scott’s sexual orientation and his role as a Green Lantern of Earth Two in Earth Two #2, out next month."
If anything, he's a hunky white blond dude, so he seems to fit the patent gay streotype description. Now we will just wait to see if rumors pan out. And another interesting fact that I comic expert tipped us of to?: Alan Scott's son, Obsidian is an openly gay comic character. So they may just keep it in the family!
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Watch the Latest Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of 'The Normal Heart'
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever