The Out Guide to Summer Off the Grid
By Out.com Editors
9. THROW A BALL (BUT NOT TOO HARD)
The French have been trying hard to introduce pétanque as an official Olympic sport, and rightfully so; it’s a perfect summer game, playable on dirt, sand, or grass. The goal is to throw heavy boules as close as possible to the “piglet,” or cochonnet, without getting knocked out of your spot by your mischievous friends.
Hermès Pétanque Set (steel, hunter cowhide, and boxwood), $1,150; Hermes.com
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection