The Out Guide to Summer Off the Grid
By Out.com Editors
9. THROW A BALL (BUT NOT TOO HARD)
The French have been trying hard to introduce pétanque as an official Olympic sport, and rightfully so; it’s a perfect summer game, playable on dirt, sand, or grass. The goal is to throw heavy boules as close as possible to the “piglet,” or cochonnet, without getting knocked out of your spot by your mischievous friends.
Hermès Pétanque Set (steel, hunter cowhide, and boxwood), $1,150; Hermes.com
READER COMMENTS (
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Good Morning, Juan Betancourt!
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team