The Out Guide to Summer Off the Grid
By Out.com Editors
Photo: John Wenrich
5. BUILD A STONE WALL
You don’t have to be Andy Goldsworthy (the artist who creates astonishing sculptures from natural objects) to relish the simple pleasures of rearranging rocks. There are actual classes in dry stone walling (TheStoneTrust.org), but freestyle is fine, too. Those who don’t have the energy can live vicariously through Mariana Cook’s new book of photographs, Stone Walls (Damiani, $50), a series of shots of ancient walls in places as varied as Kentucky, Peru, and England.
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series