Ladies We Love: Heather Morris
By Jeremy Kinser
"Well, my best guy friends have always been queens," Heather Morris says, her face breaking into a wide grin. The 24-year-old known for stealing scenes as Brittany, the ditzy cheerleader on Fox's blockbuster Glee, is trying to pinpoint the moment she realized the effect she has on gay fans. "But now whenever I go out to a gay bar, guys scream, 'Oh, my God! I'm obsessed with you!' "
Anonymity might be a thing of the past -- even in dance class, where Morris escapes on her rare days off. "I was leaving class and was sweaty as hell," she recalls, "and there were people waiting there, asking to take a photo with me. I said, 'OK, if you don't mind that I look like shit.' "
Actually, it was Morris's willowy good looks coupled with her dazzling dance moves that took her from Scottsdale, Ariz., to begin touring the world as a backup dancer for Beyonc', who jokingly referred to Morris as her "token white girl." Morris was later brought in by Glee's choreographer to teach the cast how to perform their rendition of "Single Ladies" and was soon cast as one of the show's Cheerios.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Panti Bliss: The Drag Queen Who Rocked Ireland Soaks In the Aftermath
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Adam Lambert to Queen Out This Summer With Brian May & Roger Taylor