Viva VH1 Divas
By Out.com Editors
On Thursday, September 17, a handful of the world's reigning queens of popular music will take to the stage of the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) Howard Gilman Opera House for VH1 Divas. Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis, Miley Cyrus, and Jordin Sparks will join host Paula Abdul for a night of special performances and presentations as they continue the tradition that began in 1998 with the first VH1 Divas concert. Since then everyone from Whitney Houston to Cher to Tina Turner to Aretha Franklin has taken a turn belting out signature tunes to raise funds for VH1 Save The Music Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to restoring instrumental music education in American public schools.
To celebrate the show, VH1 has launched a special site, Divas.VH1.com, featuring 50 past VH1 Divas performances like the exclusive clip featured above, Mariah Carey singing her hit "Heartbreaker" featuring an intro of Diana Ross' "Love Hangover" from the 2000 event. While at the site you can also submit a "Diva Stories" text or video testimonial that tells the world how your favorite divas have influenced your life. Select testimonials may even be featured online and on-air leading up to this year's live telecast. And because no one in their right mind would try and produce an event without securing a Twitter account to promote it, check out http://www.twitter.com/vh1divas to stay updated on all things diva-related.
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Have 30 Minutes to Watch a Lana Del Rey's Short Film?
- WATCH: Chris Lilley Teases New 'Summer Heights High' Spin-Off
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad