By Jason Lamphier
Yet it is RocknRolla's men-behaving-very-badly scenarios that infuse the flick with a high dose of queerness. In Ritchie's louche criminal underworld, Handsome Bob and One Two are chased by two teeth-gnashing Russian thugs, one of whom ends up shirtless, his chiseled abs covered in sweat and blood. Several scenes later, when the mobsters pay a surprise visit to One Two's house, sporting S/M-style leather gear to bind and gag him in his bedroom, it's not clear whether they want to kill him or screw him.
That's not to say the film -- a slick blend of sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll -- doesn't have its gentler moments. At one point One Two even finds himself embracing Handsome Bob, surrounded by a pack of swishy dancers at a salsa club. 'During our lessons these really gay dancers were trying to put it on Butler,' says Hardy. 'They just made me want to snuggle Gerard a bit tighter, lick his top lip a bit.'
RocknRolla is in theaters nationwide October 31.
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models