Top Hats and Tail
By Noah Michelson
Featuring some of theater's biggest stars clad in little more than a strategically draped necktie or a frothy squiggle of Reddi-wip, Broadway Bares: Backstage Pass (Universe, $55) is a campy celebration of the Great White Way's saucier side. The book chronicles the rise of the Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS foundation's burlesque fund-raiser and offers studio stills, salacious performance shots, and year-by-year behind-the-scenes glimpses of what it takes to mount the bawdy annual event, which has run for 18 years. Proceeds benefit BC/EFA, providing one more reason to pick up a copy for your coffee table -- or your bedroom.
See more of Backstage Pass at Popnography.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About <i>Quantum Leap</i> & His Favori
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series