Top Hats and Tail
By Noah Michelson
Featuring some of theater�s biggest stars clad in little more than a strategically draped necktie or a frothy squiggle of Reddi-wip, Broadway Bares: Backstage Pass (Universe, $55) is a campy celebration of the Great White Way�s saucier side. The book chronicles the rise of the Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS foundation�s burlesque fund-raiser and offers studio stills, salacious performance shots, and year-by-year behind-the-scenes glimpses of what it takes to mount the bawdy annual event, which has run for 18 years. Proceeds benefit BC/EFA, providing one more reason to pick up a copy for your coffee table -- or your bedroom.
See more of Backstage Pass at Popnography.
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Listen to 'The Sound Of Music Live' Soundtrack
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)