Days of Summer
By Bill Chenevert
Thursday, June 19: Remember that trip you were planning to the gay Cape? The time is now since this week offers visitors four days of queer cinema at the Provincetown International Film Festival. Starting Wednesday, June 18, follow up movies with beach walks and cocktails, and celebrate this year's honorees, who include Quentin Tarantino for the Filmmaker on the Edge Award, Jane Lynch for the Faith Hubley Memorial Award and Gael Garcia Barnal for the Excellence in Acting Award. The films include Savage Grace (with Julianne Moore), Towelheads (with Maria Bello), Choke, and Were the World Mine (take a peek of Were the World here). Come back to Popnography.com for dispatches from the festival, and head to the festival's website for a full schedule.
Friday, June 20: Starring Mike Myers, The Love Guru (opening today) tells the story of Pitka, an American raised by gurus who returns to the States to fix the messy love life of a star hockey player. Oh, did we mention that Justin Timerblake (above) appears in a skimpy Speedo? Watch the trailer here, then catch an interview with Timberlake where he addressees said Speedo here.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It