The Gay Agenda
By Edgar Casillas
TUNES: Leaving the thumping glam pop and horse riding behind, Goldfrapp return this week with Seventh Tree, out February 26 from Mute. The duo's fourth album sets aside the hard-edged electro-disco of their last album, Supernature, replacing it with soft instrumentation, as Allison Goldfrapp's honeyed voice finds a cozy home in a forest of softened drum beats and floating strings. Giving this record a spin won't require a pair of freshly polished dancing shoes, but, trust us, low-key cocktail soirees have never had a better soundtrack. For more on Goldfrapp, pick up a copy of Out's March issue.
SPECTACLE: While the Metropolitan Museum of Art's exhibit "Jasper Johns: Gray", up now through May 4, fails to address the role of the artist's sexuality in his work, the symposium Jasper Johns: Gray Uncensored! is a bit more revelatory, tackling the subject head on. Bringing together a slew of scholars including Thomas Crow, Jonathan D. Katz, Seth McCormick, and James Saslow, the event will be held March 3, from 5:30pm to 8:00pm at CUNY's Proshanky Auditorium in New York City. Get more info here.
- Go Behind The Scenes Of Neil Patrick Harris's Glitter-Filled Photo Shoot
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Anne Rice Brings Back Lestat For New Novel
- Casting Net: Teen Wolf Adds Gay Lacrosse Player To Show's Locker Room
- First Look At Neflix's Orange Is The New Black Season 2
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam