The Gay Agenda
By Edgar Casillas
TUNES: Leaving the thumping glam pop and horse riding behind, Goldfrapp return this week with Seventh Tree, out February 26 from Mute. The duo's fourth album sets aside the hard-edged electro-disco of their last album, Supernature, replacing it with soft instrumentation, as Allison Goldfrapp's honeyed voice finds a cozy home in a forest of softened drum beats and floating strings. Giving this record a spin won't require a pair of freshly polished dancing shoes, but, trust us, low-key cocktail soirees have never had a better soundtrack. For more on Goldfrapp, pick up a copy of Out's March issue.
SPECTACLE: While the Metropolitan Museum of Art's exhibit "Jasper Johns: Gray", up now through May 4, fails to address the role of the artist's sexuality in his work, the symposium Jasper Johns: Gray Uncensored! is a bit more revelatory, tackling the subject head on. Bringing together a slew of scholars including Thomas Crow, Jonathan D. Katz, Seth McCormick, and James Saslow, the event will be held March 3, from 5:30pm to 8:00pm at CUNY's Proshanky Auditorium in New York City. Get more info here.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem