The Gay Agenda
By Peter Schaus
TUNES: The Mars Volta has long been a favorite of skinny pants-wearing hipster homos across the country. On Jan. 29, the Long Beach-based band releases their fourth studio album The Bedlam in Goliath on GSL/Universal Records. If showtunes are more your thing, don't fret. Warner Bros. will be releasing Idina Menzel's second album, I Stand, on the very same day (above). You'll finally have that reason you've been looking for to retire the original Broadway cast recording of Wicked from the six-CD changer in your car.
SPECTACLE: If the last few dates you've been on ended with the guy telling you that he's 'memorized' by your eyes and that he believes in mermaids, it's time to start broadening your romantic prospects. If you're in the Brooklyn area on Jan. 28, head over to Floyd for Last Monday, a South Brooklyn party for gay guys and girls and their friends. Last Monday promotes itself as a welcomed 'respite from the Chelsea clubland' where 'stubbled beards, cable-knit cashmeres and lumber jack plaids are optional' and 'whiskey sipping and witty conversation are expected.' Floyd is located at 131 Atlantic Avenue between Henry and Clinton Streets and the party begins at 9 p.m.
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'