The Gay Agenda
By Peter Schaus
TUNES: The Mars Volta has long been a favorite of skinny pants-wearing hipster homos across the country. On Jan. 29, the Long Beach-based band releases their fourth studio album The Bedlam in Goliath on GSL/Universal Records. If showtunes are more your thing, don't fret. Warner Bros. will be releasing Idina Menzel's second album, I Stand, on the very same day (above). You'll finally have that reason you've been looking for to retire the original Broadway cast recording of Wicked from the six-CD changer in your car.
SPECTACLE: If the last few dates you've been on ended with the guy telling you that he's 'memorized' by your eyes and that he believes in mermaids, it's time to start broadening your romantic prospects. If you're in the Brooklyn area on Jan. 28, head over to Floyd for Last Monday, a South Brooklyn party for gay guys and girls and their friends. Last Monday promotes itself as a welcomed 'respite from the Chelsea clubland' where 'stubbled beards, cable-knit cashmeres and lumber jack plaids are optional' and 'whiskey sipping and witty conversation are expected.' Floyd is located at 131 Atlantic Avenue between Henry and Clinton Streets and the party begins at 9 p.m.
READER COMMENTS (
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Check Out Exclusive Animated GIFs of Chris O'Dowd and Nick Frost's Epic Dance-off
- Elizabeth Banks Reveals Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson are Graduating in 'Pitch Perfect 2'
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever