The Gay Agenda
By Peter Schaus
TUBE: People say gay guys are just like teenage girls. We'd argue that point, but we're too busy watching Gossip Girl, the new adolescent drama on the CW about spoiled Manhattan heiresses. Based on the best-selling young adult novel by Cecily von Ziegesar, the series tells the story of Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively), a spoiled Upper East Side princess who leaves boarding school and returns to her privileged New York private academy -- only to discover she's not being welcomed back with open arms. Gossip Girl airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. EST.
FLICK: In the November issue of Out senior editor Matthew Breen chooses Cate Blanchett's turn as Queen Elizabeth I in 1998's Elizabeth as one of the greatest incarnations of the role (aside from Quentin Crisp in Orlando, of course). Let's see if she fares as well in the sequel, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, which opens October 12. This time around, Elizabeth deals with bothersome conspirators and romances hottie Clive Owen. Must be rough.
TUNES: Beloved alt-rock homo Michael Stipe returns with the newest offering from R.E.M, titled R.E.M Live. The two-disc set features live performances of the band's classics (including 'Everybody Hurts,' 'Man On the Moon,' and 'Losing My Religion") and hits stores October 16.
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Gay Fashion - Hot Male Models, Gay Style & Trends