Five Questions (and Then Some) for Judge David Young
By Matthew Breen
Watch out, Judy. On September 10, Judge David Young becomes the first openly gay TV judge with the premiere of Judge David Young.
What is your personal vision of hell?
Having all the other TV judges pass judgment on me at the same time.
When I am stressed out, I...
Collect penguins. But when I'm not stressed out I collect penguins too. I guess it's the obsession with penguins that has me stressed!
What will be written on your tombstone?
You're a good man, David Young.
What is the one thing you desperately need to tell your mother?
I idolized Ethel Merman. I wanted to be Ethel Merman.
What is the most overrated virtue?
Who was your childhood crush?
Barry Williams as Greg Brady. I always wanted him to say, "David, David, David." Damn that Marcia.
What fashion choice do you regret the most?
The ice-blue judicial robe with the ruffles down the front.
Who will play you in the film version of your life?
What do you hide when your parents visit?
My gavel. That is reserved for my partner, Scott.
Check local listings for details.
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know