Days of Summer Calendar
By Jason Lamphier
JULY 16: Audiophiles can get their fair share of ear candy as acclaimed goth-folk outlet the Decembrists team up with Brooklyn-based folk-psychedelic group Grizzly Bear (led by queer front man Edward Droste) at SummerStage. The action takes place at a benefit concert in New York City's Central Park (see SummerStage.org). Meanwhile, horror buffs shouldn't miss director Sam Zalutsky's new Edgar Allan Poe'inspired bone chiller, You Belong to Me, which tells the story of a gay man who moves into a haunted apartment. The flick screens at Los Angeles's Outfest. Tiptoe over to Outfest.org for tickets.
JULY 17: We hear it's a little cooler across the Atlantic these days, so make the trek over to France's 61st Festival d'Avignon, where churches, stone quarries, and cloisters host more than 40 contemporary dramatic productions this summer. The lineup includes director Guy Cassiers's Mefisto For Ever, a theater-video show that tackles the life of a man carried away by the torment of Nazism and 'hunts out that part of the devil which lurks inside each person,' exploring the political role of the artist. Yeah, it's heavy and in Flemish, but the subtitles should help. Get the details at Festival-Avignon.com The event runs through July 27.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Martha Stewart’s Sex Tips Are As Good Her Baking Tips