Queer Lift: Telluride's Gay Ski Week
By Ari Bendersky
Whether you plan to ski all week or take side trips to the old mining town of (two hours) or (one hour), dubbed the "Switzerland of America." You'll want to return for the week's crowning event: the 14th Annual Telluride AIDS Benefit and Fashion Show, featuring models strutting the catwalk in the likes of Diane von Furstenberg, Kenneth Cole, Theory, and Ginch Gonch (hot guys in skimpy underwear!).
For a full rundown on the week's activities, including links to lodging, head to TellurideGaySkiWeek.com.
Telluride is 360 miles southwest of Denver, but driving, especially in winter, can take up to seven hours. Fly into the Telluride or Montrose airports. American, United, Continental, USAir, and Delta all serve these airports, but many flights connect through Denver from most major cities. American Airlines is an official sponsor and is offering discounted fares by booking through http://www.aa.com/rainbow and using the code A8827AS.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- The 10 Most Influential Gay Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Next Year in Kampala? America’s LGBT rights industry goes global