Rome vs. Greece
By Bob Smith
Sure, the ancient Greeks and Romans gave us the pillars of Western civilization: democracy, theater, and the bathhouse. But which culture was gayer? Out believes a culture's gayness is best measured by gossip overheard at the baths. We did some archaeological digging and came up with these steamy tidbits:
|Overheard at the Greek bathhouse||Overheard at the Roman bathhouse|
'Alexander's great in battle, but in bed he's more of a spear-catcher than a spear-thrower, if you know what I mean.'
|'Veni, vidi, vici'I came, I saw, I conquered'just not in that order.'
'He claims to be XII inches, but it's more like IV!'
'Caligula throws the worst orgies. Too many mortals, not enough gods.'
'Hannibal's gotten so fat. Talk about an elephant crossing the Alps!'
'You have to visit our weekend place in Pompeii. You won't believe our view of Mount Etna.'
'Let's face it. On Nero, a toga's just a dress.'
'I'll never date another gladiator. The sex was hot, but every time we had a fight it was to the death!'
'According to Caesar, gay men make the best soldiers. Just point them at a country with great beaches and they'll conquer it!'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Martha Stewart’s Sex Tips Are As Good Her Baking Tips
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models