Batwoman Comes Out!
By Michael C. Sherrin
�[Kathy Kane is] a very successful woman, very self-assured,� says Dan DiDio, the senior vice president and executive editor of DC Comics. �What we wanted to do was build from that core and create a new character that was much more attuned with today�s society. The fact that Batwoman is gay is not a key factor�it�s [just] who she is.� DC introduces Batwoman amid an assortment of new characters aimed at diversifying the once homogenous DC universe, including several updated Hispanic, African-American, and Asian characters.
As to this Batwoman�s past, Kane keeps her secrets well, leaving us to imagine what would inspire a wealthy lesbian to become a spandex-wearing crimefighter. In the hopes of revealing the unknown, DC promises Batwoman will be punching out ex�s and enemies alike for a long time to come.
READER COMMENTS (
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Quote of the Day: Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)